Welcome to the Florida Business Information Portal at OpenMyFloridaBusiness.gov.
The portal is designed to help individuals seeking to start and operate a business in the Sunshine State. By entering the type of business you wish to start, the portal will create a checklist to help you understand governmental requirements for your business category.
The portal focuses on State of Florida government requirements and resources for businesses. It is not designed for individuals seeking professional licensing or certification. Also, detailed federal and local requirements are not included in the portal at this time.
The downloadable eGuide available on the portal contributes basic tools to open your business in Florida, and provides supplementary resources to the portal’s business-specific checklists. Additional resources can be found at the link above to assist you in a successful start to your business.
The Department of Business and Professional Regulation worked closely with the following state partners to develop the Florida Business Information Portal and eGuide:
- Agency for Health Care Administration
- Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Department of Children and Family Services
- Department of Citrus
- Department of Economic Opportunity
- Department of Elder Affairs
- Department of Environmental Protection
- Department of Financial Services
- Department of Health
- Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- Department of Management Services
- Department of Revenue
- Department of State
- Division of Emergency Management
- Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Florida Lottery
- Office of Financial Regulation
- Office of Insurance Regulation
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network